Following a major restructure that negatively impacted the morale and working environment of the leadership team, a strengths based leadership programme was designed to support, challenge and equip 34 senior leaders with tools to enable them to operate at their best in a challenging context.
What we did
In close collaboration with key stakeholders, we designed a combination of one day, 3-way and one-to-one coaching interventions over a twelve month period to:
- Support the leaders through great change
- Equip them with strengths-based tools to lead positively
- Re-build confidence
- Impact performance
How we did it
The programme brought together different types of interventions to provide different learning forums for them individually and as a group. These included:
- A 360 degree feedback process
- A 3-way meeting with line manager, delegate and coach to agree personal objectives for the programme
- Group workshops (15-20 delegates in each) that focussed on leveraging strengths and developing a strengths-based leadership approach as well as how to influence others in a decision making context
- 12 one-to-one coaching sessions for delegates to create and embed change to their leadership approach, for personal and organisational gain
Pre and post programme feedback told us that the programme:
- Positively impacted their performance at work
- Increased their confidence as leaders
- Made them feel more skilled
- Gave them strengths tools that helped them step up as leaders
- Helped them have more positive, collaborative relationships
Interested to know more?
Would your people benefit from becoming strengths based leaders? If so, why not get in touch? We would love an opportunity to talk to you to see if we are for you too!